An Exhibiting Membership at the Brandon Artists Guild is a juried position. If you wish to be considered for membership, please complete the online application below. Artists who wish to show work of different media must submit an application for each medium. Each application must be followed up with a $25 non-refundable fee.
Artwork is juried according to various scored criteria which include overall impact, clarity, craftsmanship, consistency of style and quality, presentation, feasibility, and marketability. BAG participation (assessed by previous guild involvement and/or anticipated participation based on agreement/participation level) is also considered.
The jury panel is composed of artists and non-artists representing expertise and experience in the art being presented for jury.
- 1. Applicants must be a Vermont resident for at least six months a year.
- 2. All work submitted for consideration for jury or exhibition must be the original work of the artist applying. A percentage of reproductions and limited editions for presentation at the BAG may be submitted for consideration.
- 3. Manufactured items, items assembled from commercial kits or made from commercially available plans, or items that are cast from pre-manufactured molds are not acceptable. The BAG reserves the right to final interpretation of commercial status.
How to apply:
- 1. Submit an online application using the form below.
- 2. Send three jpeg images to email@example.com. The jpeg images submitted must be no larger than 1920 pixels on the longest edge with a resolution of 72 dpi. Please label images with artist first initial, last name, and title of work (i.e., NRollet_All In The Family).
- 3. Mail $25 non-refundable fee directly to the Brandon Artist Guild, 7 Center Street, Brandon VT 05733.
Applications must be received by the BAG by March 21st. Applicants approved for jurying will be contacted by email or phone 7 days prior to the jury date above. A time will be scheduled for the applicant to meet with the jury committee to present and discuss their work (5 – 7 pieces with at least three original works is required at that appointment).
« Back to Events